Cosmetic dentistry is the use of art and science to transform an average (or below average) smile into a more beautiful smile.
To accomplish your cosmetic goals, it is essential that you begin with healthy teeth. During your initial consultation, your Greenville SC dentist will conduct a complete dental examination to determine if your teeth are healthy or if they can be made healthy through dental treatment. Along with the health of the teeth, some additional observations can be made:
- The position of each tooth
- Spaces or gaps between the teeth
- The shape and color of the teeth
- The shape and position of the gumline around each tooth
According to the dentist’s final assessment of your teeth, and taking your personal feelings and desires into account, you will be presented with the cosmetic treatment options that are most suitable for you.
Your options may include:
- Porcelain veneers — Great for permanently concealing or covering defects on the front surfaces of the teeth, while also improving issues such as spacing or shaping.
- Professional teeth whitening — Perfect for resolving staining and discoloration issues more effectively than over-the-counter alternatives.
- Resin bonding — Appropriate and sturdy choice for correcting minor flaws like chipped teeth, gaps, and enamel defects.
- White fillings — A strong and attractive option for the replacement of unsightly silver fillings.
- Porcelain crown — A natural-looking protective cap for dental problems that may be too large for a simple filling.
- Dental implants, bridges, dentures, and partials — Customizable solutions for replacing missing teeth.
The goal of esthetic or cosmetic dentistry is to enhance and improve your smile using techniques that are safe and durable. Your cosmetic dentist in Greenville SC can guide you through the process to design a smile that makes you feel your absolute best! Just call to set up your consultation today!