The statistics regarding tooth loss in American adults is staggering. It’s a problem that spans the country, and dentists in Greenville are seeing evidence of it locally. Roughly 69% of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 are missing at least one tooth, and almost a quarter of adults over the age of 65 are down to only 18 teeth or less.
There are numerous reasons for the loss of adult teeth, from a history of tooth decay to years of wear and tear, but in almost all cases, dental implants seem to be the tooth replacement option that offers the most benefits.
Take a look at the long list of benefits that you can enjoy when you choose dental implants–
- Optimum performance: Implants are fully integrated into the jaw bone so that they can perform just like real teeth.
- Better oral hygiene: Implants are easy to clean and cannot get cavities.
- Most comfortable: Enjoy the freedom of eating what you want with teeth that are strong and comfortable enough to chew foods with firmer textures like meats and fresh vegetables.
- Esthetics: Implants are in a class by themselves when it comes to replacement teeth. No other artificial teeth can be made to look more natural and attractive than dental implants.
- Daily care: You can brush and floss your dental implants exactly as you normally brush and floss your natural teeth. Implants are also designed to tolerate electric toothbrushes and your favorite mouthwash.
- Bone preservation: Through the process of osseointegration, the dental implant actively holds the jaw bone in place and prevents unwanted bone loss.
- Longevity: Proper maintenance and good health are all that is needed to prolong the life of your implant. With good care, the implant can last throughout the rest of your life.
Need more information about dental implants? Contact a dentist in Greenville today.